Planting and nursing of 5,000 trees
Join the Ice Challenge and support this goal!
The cross-border Tenasserim Range in Thailand is home to one of the world’s largest populations of Asian elephants and a priority area for their conservation. Kuiburi National Park in Thailand is part of the Tenasserim Range and hosts around 300 elephants. The unfenced park directly borders pineapple plantations which are frequently raided by elephants, resulting in increasing conflicts between people and elephants.
Fortunately, residents of three villages in the area want to do things differently and are working on sustainable solutions for peaceful human-elephant coexistence. Bring the Elephant Home plans to help them to realize this. By planting and caring of trees, so that habitat will be a more suitable living environment so there is less need for the elephants to roam outside the protected area.
Join the Bring the Elephant Home and Wim Hof Ice Challenge Fundraiser
Thailand, December 18-20, 2019
Annually, Bring the Elephant Home plants and maintains thousands of trees to expand forest corridors, increase biodiversity and restore elephant migration routes. Near our planting sites, we will identify framework tree species (FORRU – CMU) used for the reforestation projects. By attracting wildlife, planting framework species, fire protection and adding water sources, BTEH increases the biodiversity of the forest and increases the chance of survival of wild elephants. Our forest restoration projects are focusing on creating a more suitable habitat for elephants.
Take on the Ice Challenge!
Participants are asked to raise to a minimum amount of 1.099 Euro – $ 1,199 – 36,000 THB.
Secure your spot at the Wim Hof Bring the Elephant Home Ice Challenge by donating below. Please read the condition prior to making your donation. This event has a maximum capacity of 100 participants.
Do you need to raise funds or find sponsors? Send us an email to start your own crowdfunding page. Would you like to participate with more than one person? Please donate according to the number of participants and email us us the full name and contact details of each participant.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you are unable to donate online, please email us the name(s) and contact detail(s) of the participants and we will send you a donation request with our bank account details.
Terms & Conditions
- Accommodation, meals, all activities of the Ice Challenge and elephant safari are included.
- As a participant, you must be 18 years or older at the time of the event.
- This event is a fundraiser for a Dutch and Thai registered charity, so your donation may be tax-deductible. Please check your country’s tax regulations.
- Donations for this fundraiser are non-refundable. However, if you inform us in writing (email@example.com) that you are not able to join at least 30 days prior to the event, you will be eligible for a refund of 50%. No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the event, nor failure to attend.
- Force majeure: BTEH shall not be liable to refund should the event be cancelled due to any cause whatsoever beyond our control.
Ice Challenge for Elephants uses: