Educate and provide employment for 10 Mozambican women
Join the Ice Challenge Fundraiser and support this goal
Within seven years, 144,000 African elephants have been killed. Southern Africa is home to over 50% of the African elephant, making this area the last stronghold of the species. The Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park is a 35,000 km² park that transcends multiple country borders. It links the Limpopo National Park in Mozambique, the Kruger National Park in South Africa, the Gonarezhou National Park, Manjinji Pan Sanctuary, and Malipati Safari Area in Zimbabwe, as well as the area between Kruger and Gonarezhou, the Sengwe.
In Mozambique, we are planning to create a corridor to connect two protected areas together with Elephants Alive and local organizations. Through GPS collars, we are able to track elephant movements. This increases our understanding of elephants’ landscape use and their habitat and safety needs.
Within the corridor area, we will start a unique mission with ten women: They will be trained and given the resources to actively manage the corridor. Through workshops and eye opener trips, cooperation, knowledge, and empowerment of these women will be strengthened. They will monitor activities within the corridor, both of elephants and poachers, they will coordinate sustainable solutions to reduce conflicts, and provide information within their community. This ensures that the corridor will be secured and managed. The relationship between humans and elephants will improve through the active involvement of these women, their families and network. And more importantly, these women will replace the poachers as role models within the community.
Join the Wim Hof and Bring the Elephant Home
Ice Challenge Fundraiser and support this goal!
Thailand, December 18-20
Take on the Ice Challenge!
Participants are asked to raise to a minimum amount of 1.099 Euro – $ 1,199 – 36,000 THB.
Secure your spot at the Wim Hof Bring the Elephant Home Ice Challenge by donating below. Please read the condition prior to making your donation. This event has a maximum capacity of 100 participants.
Do you need to raise funds or find sponsors? Send us an email to start your own crowdfunding page. Would you like to participate with more than one person? Please donate according to the number of participants and email us us the full name and contact details of each participant.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you are unable to donate online, please email us the name(s) and contact details of the participant(s) and we will send you a donation request with our bank account details.
Terms & Conditions
- Accommodation, meals, all activities of the Ice Challenge and elephant safari are included.
- As a participant, you must be 18 years or older at the time of the event.
- This event is a fundraiser for a Dutch and Thai registered charity, so your donation may be tax-deductible. Please check your country’s tax regulations.
- Donations for this fundraiser are non-refundable. However, if you inform us in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you are not able to join at least 30 days prior to the event, you will be eligible for a refund of 50%. No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the event, nor failure to attend.
- Force majeure: BTEH shall not be liable to refund should the event be cancelled due to any cause whatsoever beyond our control.
Ice Challenge for Elephants uses: